Lidgetton – Lastingham Country Lodge

Lastingham Country Lodge, presently run by Lynne Holding and Mike McNab, as a B&B, was built in 1911 by the Lidgett’s after whom Lidgetton is named. The Lodge is on 100 acres of the original farm of 5169 acres granted to John Lidgett in 1859. The farm originally, called Riet Vallei belonged to W.S. Pretorius, a Voortrekker. Up until 1971, members of the Lidgett family had been successive owners.

Contact Lastingham at 033-2344400 or

Info : Lions River Heritage Society.

For more images go to Gallery – Natal Farms – Lidgetton Lastingham.

Lastingham - cottagesJPG (2).

Lastingham Cottages

Lastingham - front facade (1)

Lastingham – built 1911

Lastingham - front facade (24)

Lastingham Country Lodge

Lastingham - interior (3)

Lastingham Interior hallway

Comments are closed.