Blog

Hardenberg Trappist Mission – Matatiele

Hardenberg Trappist Mission was established in 1897, and the present church completed in 1899.

This Mission is one of the 22 Missions established by the Trappists with Mariannhill as the mother Monastery.

Although not as ornate as many of the other Missions, this mission serves a growing congregation drawn from the burgeoning settlement at its doorstep.

See Gallery – Missions and Churches – Hardenberg – for more images.

Hardenberg Mission Convent

Hardenberg church built 1899

Interior of Hardenberg Church

Hardenberg Foundation Stone

Comments are closed.